Foghorn Therapeutics Provides Company Update for Q3 2021
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC et al. Claim your 1-week free trial for Street Insider Premium here.
– First patient to receive in the phase 1 clinical trial FHD-609, a potent and selective heterobifunctional degrader of the BRD9 protein, initially developed for the treatment of synovial sarcoma
– Continue to recruit patients in phase 1 clinical trials of FHD-286, a BRG1 / BRM inhibitor, in metastatic uveal melanoma and relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
– Presenting an overview of the company’s proprietary protein degradation platform and clinical-stage asset, FHD-609, at 4e Annual summit focused on protein degradation
– Continued advancement of a vast therapeutic pipeline that includes protein degraders, enzyme inhibitors and transcription factor disruptors targeting cancers affected by failures of the chromatin regulatory system
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Nov. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Foghorn Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: FHTX), a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of drugs that modulate gene expression by selectively targeting the regulation of chromatin, today provided a company update in conjunction with the company’s 10-Q filing for the quarter ended September 30, 2021. With an initial focus on oncology, the Gene Traffic Control Foghorn’s Platform® and the resulting vast pipeline have the potential to transform the lives of people with a broad spectrum of diseases.
“During the third quarter of 2021, we continued to advance our strong pipeline targeting the chromatin regulatory system,” said Adrian Gottschalk, President and CEO. “In August, we administered the first patient in the Phase 1 study of FHD-609, our potent selective intravenous degradator of BRD9 small-molecule proteins, originally developed for the treatment of synovial sarcoma. We continue to enroll patients in phase 1 studies of FHD-286, a BRG1 / BRM inhibitor being investigated in metastatic uveal melanoma and relapsed or refractory AML and MDS, areas of unmet medical need. are important. These studies are progressing by dose escalation, and we are satisfied with the execution of recruitment to date and look forward to sharing initial data from these studies in the future. “
Mr. Gottschalk continued, “Beyond these two clinical programs, we continue to expand our broad portfolio of precision therapeutic candidates targeting different aspects of the chromatin regulatory system in cancer, including enzyme inhibitors, transcription factor disruptors and over eight protein degradation programs such as our BRM Selective Degradator, ARID1B Degrader and other undisclosed programs.
Recent Company Highlights:
- First patient assay with FHD-609. In August, Foghorn announced the dosage of the first patient in its first human clinical trial of FHD-609. FHD-609 is a very potent and selective intravenous degradator of BRD9 proteins, originally developed for the treatment of synovial sarcoma with the intention of expanding to other indications, including tumors suppressed by SMARCB1. The Phase 1 study sites have been activated and are currently assaying patients. To learn more about this study, please visit ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Participation in 4e Annual conference focused on protein degradation. In October 2021, Foghorn presented at the 4th Annual Targeted Protein Degradation Conference an overview of the degradation capabilities of the company and its Phase 1 active FHD-609, including compelling in vitro and in vivo profiling programs. supporting the first studies in humans. . Within the Foghorn degradation platform, the Company is actively advancing more than eight targeted protein degradation programs, including its selective BRM degradator for mutated cancers BRG1 and its selective ARID1B program for mutated cancers ARID1A which affects more 175,000 patients per year. Additional information on the Summit is available here.
Key upcoming milestones:
- Data FHD-286. Foghorn expects to have initial data from the Company’s Phase 1 studies of FHD-286 in metastatic uveal melanoma and relapsed / refractory AML and MDS as early as Q4 2021.
- Data FHD-609. Foghorn expects to have the first data from the Company’s Phase 1 synovial sarcoma study in the first half of 2022.
Events to come
- 4th Annual Evercore ISI HealthCONx Conference, November 30-December 2, 2021
Foghorn reported cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $ 120.8 million as of September 30, 2021, compared to $ 141.3 million as of June 30, 2021 and $ 185.8 million as of December 31, 2020.
About Foghorn Therapeutics
Foghorn® Therapeutics discovers and develops a new class of drugs targeting genetically determined addictions within the chromatin regulatory system. Using its proprietary, scalable Gene Traffic Control® platform, Foghorn systematically studies, identifies and validates potential drug targets within the chromatin regulatory system. The company is developing several product candidates in oncology.
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” regarding the Company’s clinical programs for FHD-286 and FHD-609 and the Company’s research pipeline. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding the clinical trial, product candidates and the Company’s research efforts and other statements identified by words such as “could”, “could”, “could”, “will”, “Probable”, “anticipates”, “” intends “,” plans “,” seeks “,” believes “,” estimates “,” expects “,” continues “,” plans “and references similar to future periods. Forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations and assumptions about financial market conditions, our business, the economy and other future conditions. Because forward-looking statements relate to the future, by their nature they are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those of forward-looking statements include regional, national or global political, economic, business, competitive, market and regulatory conditions, including risk regarding the timing of filing. ‘an IND for our product candidates. and other factors set out under the heading “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Form 10-K. Any forward-looking statement made in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it is made.
Fanny Cavalié, Foghorn Therapeutics [email protected]
Gregory Kelley, [email protected]
Investor Relations Contact:
Ben Strain, Foghorn Therapeutics [email protected]
Hans Vitzthum, LifeSci [email protected]
Source: Foghorn Therapeutics