List of best sellers Sunday, March 20
SoCal Best Sellers
1. The Parisian apartment by Lucy Foley (Morrow: $29) A woman who hopes to stay in her brother’s apartment finds herself entangled in a mystery when he disappears.
2. Run, Rose, Run by James Patterson, Dolly Parton (Little, Brown: $30) The leading author and singer collaborate on a romance set in the world of country music.
3. Land of Cloudy Cuckoos by Anthony Doerr (Scribner: $30) Intertwined stories of teenagers during the siege of Constantinople in 1453, during an attack on a library in present-day Idaho, and aboard a starship in deep space.
4. Call us what we carry by Amanda Gorman (Viking: $25) A collection of poems by the youngest inaugural presidential poet in US history.
5. The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles (Viking: $30) In 1954 Nebraska, a paroled minor inadvertently helps two convicts escape and interferes with their plans.
6. An Italian summer by Rebecca Serle (Atria: $27) Shortly after her mother’s death, a woman goes on a vacation she and her mother had planned to take together.
7. Thousand Steps by T. Jefferson Parker (Forge: $28) In this thriller set in 1968 Laguna Beach, a teenager’s older sister goes missing.
8. Violet by Isabel Allende (Ballantine: $28) Born in 1920, a woman lives through 100 years of historical upheaval.
9. The Rise of Malibu by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Ballantine: $28) In 1983, a party in Malibu spirals out of control in this novel by the author of “Daisy Jones & the Six” and “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.”
10. The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Albom (Harper: $24) The author of “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” imagines God appearing to survivors of a shipwreck adrift at sea.
1. Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner (Knopf: $27) A memoir by the Korean-born singer-songwriter of the band Japanese Breakfast.
2. Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown (Random House: $30) A look at human emotions and experiences and the language we use to understand them.
3. In love by Amy Bloom (Random House: $27) The author recounts her husband’s diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease and his decision to end his life.
4. The beauty of twilight by Frank Bruni (Avid/Simon & Schuster: $28) The journalist recounts having suffered a stroke that damaged his sight in one eye and facing the risk of losing his sight completely.
5. Atomic Habits by James Clear (Avery: $27) The self-help expert’s guide to building good habits and breaking bad ones via tiny behavior changes.
6. Taste by Stanley Tucci (Gallery: $28) The actor reveals his life through stories of memorable meals and favorite foods.
7. And the category is… by Ricky Tucker (Beacon: $26) An introduction to Ballroom, the thriving African-American and Latino LGBTQ subculture that originated in Harlem over 100 years ago.
8. Nina Simone’s Gum by Warren Ellis (Faber & Faber: $28) The author describes collecting a very personal relic of the iconic activist/musician and then, years later, striving to preserve and understand it.
9. The Intersectional Environmentalist by Leah Thomas (Vorace: $25) The activist illustrates the links between environmental protection and the fight for social justice.
10. Travels with George by Nathaniel Philbrick (Viking: $30) The author traces the founding father’s journeys as he visits the young country’s 13 states.
1. Klara and the sun by Kazuo Ishiguro (vintage: $17)
2. The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Washington Square: $17)
3. Play it as it is by Joan Didion (FSG: $17)
4. Pachinko by Min Jin Lee (Grand Central: $18)
5. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Ballantine: $17)
6. Circe by Madeline Miller (Back Bay: $17)
7. The Anomaly by Hervé Le Tellier (other press: $17)
8. Dunes by Frank Herbert (Ace: $18)
9. No one talks about it by Patricia Lockwood (Riverhead: $17)
10. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern (presenter: $18)
Non-fiction in paperback
1. All About Love by bell hooks (tomorrow: $16)
2. Educated by Tara Westover (Random House: $19)
3. Girls can kiss now by Jill Gutowitz (Atria: $17)
4. Maus I by Art Spiegelman (Pantheon: $17)
5. Advance to Bethlehem by Joan Didion (FSG: $17)
6. The White Album by Joan Didion (FSG: $17)
7. Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (vintage: $17)
8. The Tangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake (Random House: $18)
9. Desert Oracle by Ken Layne (Picador: $18)
10. Maus II by Art Spiegelman (Pantheon: $17)